Dear members, Below is a compilation of requests for information sent to the Global Human Rights Education listserv during the past week. At the bottom of each request you will find an e-mail address, so that you can respond to the request directly.
1. SEEKING INFORMATION ON RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH MENTAL DISABILITIES IN MENTAL ASYLUMS
Dear Friends, I am looking for research results/proposals on the situation of rights of persons with mental disabilities in mental asylums.
Kind regards, Mrs. Epiphania Mfundo, Director for research and documentation, Commission for Human Rights and Good Governance, P.o.Box 2643,Dar es Salaam, Phone: 2110607-9, 2135747-8, Fax: 2111533/2111281, Website, E-mail.
2. LOOKING FOR INFORMATION AND RESOURCES ON ELIMINATION OF CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN SCHOOLS
On behalf of the Centre for applied Psychology and the Forensic Psychology Unit in the Department of Psychology at the University of Zimbabwe, we are planning to stimulate and initiave some work aimed at eliminating the use of coporal punishment in Zimbabwean schools. Currently, we need some literature with which to spearhead the discussion, before conducting a study whose reults may inform law reform in Zimbabwean schools. We realise that such an endeavour needs to be evidence based, with empirical global and regional trends. I would like to receive information on the above subject. Specifically I would be interested in information on:
- 1. alternatives to coporal punishment
- 2. success with elimination of coporal punishment
- 3. progress towards prohibition,
- 4. opportunities for engaging with law reform processes,
- 5. campaigns, new resources to support prohibition,
- 5. upcoming events,
- 6. recommendations from human rights treaty monitoring bodies.
Regards, G.Javangwe( DPhil cand; MPhil; BSc Hons Psych; C.Ed; Cert in Systemic Counselling; F.E.T.C), Chairman & Lecturer, Deparment of Psychology, University of Zimbabwe, P.O.Box MP 167, Mt Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe, Tel 263-4-303211-ext 1454/1360, Fax: 263-4-333407, Cell: 263 912 960 707, E-mail.
You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this item, but please retain the original and listserv source.
======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======