Received by e-mail, From: Global HRE List Moderator, Date: 14/04/2011
Dear members, Below is a compilation of requests for information sent to the Global Human Rights Education listserv during the past weeks. At the bottom of each request you will find an e-mail address, so that you can directly respond to the request.
1. LOOKING FOR TOOLS AND LESSONS PLANS FOR YOUTH AND THE UN CONVENTION ON THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
Dear List Members, With our organization we are currently working on a 3-year project for raising awareness among European youth (Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic) about the rights of people with disabilities – we primarily focus on the necessity of inclusion of people with disabilities in mainstream development in developing countries (since we are a development NGO).
We’re now thinking of different ways to address youth and were wondering if you have any tips for tools / resources / lesson plans regarding youth and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Many thanks in advance.
With kind regards, Lieke Scheewe, Programme Coordinator, Foundation Dark & Light, member of LIGHT FOR THE WORLD:
- For inclusion of persons with disabilities;
- For eradication of avoidable blindness.
Vendelier 13, 3905 PB Veenendaal, The Netherlands; or P.O. Box 672, 3900 AR Veenendaal, The Netherlands; T: +31 (0)318 787 385, F: +31 (0)318 586 359, I: Foundation Dark and Light, foundation_dlbc, E-mail.
2. REQUEST FOR SPONSORS AND VOLUNTEERS FOR CHILD-FOCUSED NGO IN NIGERIA
Dear Colleagues, Edem Children Foundation (ECF) a child focused NGO in Nigeria is requesting for the following:
- 1). Passionate Children and Women focused people to serve on thier International Board of Trustees/Advisers
- 2). Poople that can sponsor a Orphans and Volunerable children back to schools
- 3). US, European, Asian and African NGOs to partner with in the implementation on several project on Empowering women and Children
- 4). We need online volunteers that can help build our website and work on other issues for us online.
For more information about ECF, kindly log on to Edem Children Foundation ECF or contact: Ms Fiona Ita Ekpo, Programme Director, Edem Children Foundation (ECF), (leaving No child and young person behind), 23/25 Etinyin Abasi Street, Off Atamunu Street, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria, Phone: +234 8077205323, E-mail.
3. LOOKING FOR RESEARCH OR RESOURCES ABOUT TEACHING HRE TO PRE-SERVICE TEACHERS
Good day, I am reaching out to ask if anyone has research or resources about teaching HRE to preservice teachers in a School of Education at a college/university. I am using this for a dissertation-my focus being that using an HRE framework will advance culturally empowering teaching practices by new teachers for an increasingly diverse student population.
Thank you, Julie Schiller, University of San Francisco, Doctoral Candidate, E-mail.
You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this item, but please retain the original and listserv source.
======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======