Received by e-mail: From: STWR Newsletter, Date: 01/12/2009.
The British Film Institute (BFI), in association with Share The World’s Resources, will be screening the award-winning documentary ‘The End of Poverty?’ at the BFI Southbank on Saturday 12th December 2009 at 2pm. The screening will be followed by a panel discussion and questions from the audience. The panellists will be:
- Irene Khan – Secretary General of Amnesty International
- Clare Short, MP – Former Secretary of State for Intl Development
- John Hilary – Executive Director of War on Want
- Philippe Diaz – The award-winning director of the film
- Colin Prescod – Chair of the Institute of Race Relations
For more information, including how to purchase tickets, please visit Share The World’s Resources STWR /End of Poverty?
Book early to avoid disappointment.
The End of Poverty? Think Again, directed by Philippe Diaz, narrated by Martin Sheen and featuring Amartya Sen, Joseph Stiglitz, Susan George, Eric Toussaint, Clifford Cobb, John Perkins and many more.
Get involved: A number of campaign organisations will be running stalls after the discussion, and complimentary refreshments will also be available.
… (full text).