1-19 November 2011 – Received by e-mail, From: WWSF, Date: 08/08/2011.
Dear Coalition Members, Partners and Friends,
The WWSF Children-Youth Section is pleased to announce and share with you its new global campaign - “19 Days of Activism for prevention of abuse and violence against children and youth 1-19 November”, in the form of a Prevention Kit – Call to Action – which presents 19 abuse situations from which to chose your annual activities.
- Introduction: http://www.woman.ch/index.php?page=19daysofactivism&hl=en_US
- You can register your activities directly online: http://www.woman.ch/index.php?page=19nov11-registration&hl=en_US
- The 2011 main campaign theme is “Prevention of corporal punishment” with suggestions for action in the Prevention Kit: http://www.woman.ch/uploads/19days/WWSF-19DaysActivism-PreventionKit-2011-en.pdf
- with links to many ideas contained in the revised WWSF Guide “Prevention is Key! (Available in 5 languages on the Internet): http://www.woman.ch/index.php?page=wwsf-prevention-guide
- WWSF invites you to use and download the 2011 campaign poster, banners and logo and grants you the right to add your own logo on the poster provided that you do not remove the WWSF logos. WWSF no longer sends printed posters and materials in the mail: http://www.woman.ch/index.php?page=2011poster-call&hl=en_US
WWSF will continue awarding its annual Prize for innovative prevention activities and invites you to send your reports with photos and campaign reports by 15 February in order to be included in the selection process. All 30 laureate organizations awarded so far are published on the Internet.
We hope that you will be a strong partner in this new annual campaign of 19 Days of Activism 1-19 November. Together we can achieve what no one can do alone. Do send us the questionnaire included in the Prevention Kit.
Please feel free to contact us with questions you may have. Wishing you lots of success and looking forward to reading your registrations.
Best wishes and kind regards, For the campaign staff and volunteers 19 Days of activism for prevention of abuse and violence against children 1-19 November.
Elly Pradervand, WWSF CEO.
PS: Find online Women’s World Summit Foundation WWSF:
- 2010 active coalition member organizations are published on the Internet
- All laureate organizations of the Prize for prevention of child abuse
- 2010 Global Impact Report.