The Human Rights Grants Scheme (HRGS) 2011-2012 of the Australian government/ Ausaid is now open. – Published on HURIDOCS, September 19, 2011.
Eligibility of organisations:
To be eligible for funding under the 2011–2012 HRGS organisations must be based and operate in the following countries:
- Africa: Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Malawi, Morocco, South Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe,
- Middle East: Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian territories,
- Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam,
- Pacific: Fiji, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu,
- Latin America and Caribbean: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Cuba, Haiti.
Grants will be awarded as a single payment for the Australian valued of between AUD20,000–AUD100,000 depending on the project requirements.
It is expected that most projects will be for a one year duration, but some projects may take place over a maximum of two years. All 1 year projects must be completed by July 2013. All two year project must be completed by July 2014.
Application and short-listing process: … (full text and sommaire en français and resumen en español).