The registration deadline is 15 December 2011 – Received by e-mail, From: HREA Distance Learning Programme, Date: Nov. 29, 2011.
Dear Colleagues, HREA will be offering a new e-learning course Children in War and Armed Conflicts from 29 February-10 April 2012. This short certificate course examines the effect of armed conflict on children in the 21st century.
It looks at the various ways in which children are involved in conflicts and the substantial impact that they can have on children’s mental and physical well-being. The course highlights concrete actions that can be taken to contribute to the full implementation of children’s rights in conflict and post-conflict contexts, including through the application of humanitarian law; and the increasing ways in which perpetrators can be held to account.
- Week 1: Changing nature of conflict
- Week 2: Accountability to children in times of conflict
- Week 3: Children associated with armed forces and groups
- Week 4: Impact of conflict on children
- Week 5: Rehabilitation and Reintegration of children affected by armed conflict
- Week 6: Transitional justice/changing role of children in peace processes
For more detailed information and online registration, please go to: HREA children in war. The registration deadline is 15 December 2011.
Best wishes, Frank Elbers, Distance Learning Programme, HREA.
About HREA’s Distance Learning Programme DLP: Since 2002, over 4,500 human rights defenders, development workers, staff members of international organisations and graduate students have successfully participated in Human Rights Education Associates (HREA)’s e-learning courses. Further information about HREA’s Distance Learning Programme can be found at HREA.org/DLP/
Human Rights Education Associates HREA is an international non-governmental organisation that supports:
- human rights learning;
- the training of activists and professionals;
- the development of educational materials and programming;
- community-building through on-line technologies.
See also HREA/: