Received by e-mail – From: NGO Manager Newsletter, Date: 23/03/2010
Dear Madam, dear Sir, The following two courses are scheduled for April-May 2010 in Geneva. They are targeting practitioners and address challenges faced by non-profit managers, leaders, and staff of NGOs and international organisations. These training courses help sharpening key skills and developing strategies that participants can immediately use in their work.
12-16 April: Training of Trainers (5 days): How to design, deliver and follow-up a training course – Course overview:
Knowing a subject is not enough to train on it. Training adults requires specific competencies. This course provides methods and tools to ensure efficient learning processes. It focuses on adult learning principles, and includes all stages of the learning cycle:
- - Training needs assessment
- - Methods, techniques and tools to properly design and deliver a training course
- - Training course follow-up
This course gives the opportunity for each participant to practice methods and tools.
24-28 May: Designing and Planning Projects (5 days): Mastering fundamental project design skills – Course overview:
- If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! This interactive project management course focuses on the design and planning of projects. Participants are first introduced to Results-Based Management (RBM) and its application in projectmanagement. RBM focuses on performance and achievement of results and is the dominant management strategy in use.
- The main tool used during this course is the logical framework approach, which provides a structured model for identifying expected results as well as the activities and inputs needed to accomplish them. The course provides tools to analyse problems and stakeholders, define objectives and determine activities based on stakeholder needs. It also introduces the implementation of a monitoring system. Participants learn how to best use the various tools with case studies and through group exercises.
Registration for these courses is now open.
- For course objectives, detailed programmes, course fees and inscription, please visit our website and contact us by e-mail or call +41.22.534.96.84. Group tariffs are available.
- The NGO Management School Switzerland is a registered Swiss non-profit association based in the Geneva area. For more information about us, please visit on our website who we are.
- For more information about our team, visit this webpage.
- Please contact us should you wish to receive more information about our courses and share this email with your friends and colleagues who might be interested.
Best regards, Virginia Valdueza, Course Coordinator, e-mail.