Africa Lost 1.6 Trillion in Capital Flight and Odious Debt Over Forty Years. $619 billion of embezzled capital flight from North Africa with connivance of big banks according to new research – Watch this videos with James Boyce and Léonce Ndikumana, on The Real News Network TRNN, by Paul Jay:
- part 1, Africa’s Odious Debt, 9.51 min;
- part 2, The Human Cost of Africa’s Odious Debt, 11.50 min;
- part 3, The Legal Basis to Reject Odious Debt, 18.04 min,
- The Book: Africa’s Odious Debts, How Foreign Loans and Capital Flight Bled a Continent, by James Boyce (Author) and Leonce Ndikumana (Author), on amazon.
Book-Reviews and comments:
- on Zed Books, Oct. 13, 2011;
- on African Arguments, Oct. 5, 2011;
- on Political Economy Research Institute PERI;
- on Waterstones.com;
- more on Google-Web-search;
other economic links:
- Short-video: Third World Debt – Cancel it, 1.02 min, uploaded by bestofcomputer3000, Nov 18, 2007: (spoken in english, subtitled in french);
- United Steelworkers USW, Canada;
- Federal Investment in Clean Energy Would Create 20,000 New Jobs: Report, on USW, by Andrew Livingstone, Nov. 22, 2012;
- Steelworkers File Mines Act Complaint to Halt HD Mining Operations, on USW, Nov. 21, 2012. download the 5 pages-pdf;
- stupid … I cannot let these questions;
- money as dept – full lengt animated doc, 46.56 min, uploaded by Paagle TV;
- forgotten how Govs have to be run?
- rainmakers at work: winning the $30 trillion decathlon;
- The End of Money by David Wolman – review: David Wolman’s vision of a future without cash has a serious side, but has gonzo brilliance as well, on The Guardian, by Felix Martin, March 25, 2012;
- our new page: Economy – Money – Crisis – Politics – Society.