Received by e-mail, From: Angela Melchiorre, Date: 03/01/2013.
- Dear Friends, The European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC) is proud to launch the 17th edition of its European Master’s Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA).
- E.MA provides students with the opportunity to share knowledge and skills with leading scholars from 41 prestigious European Universities and renowned human rights experts, in the classroom and during a week-long field trip.
- You can find a short overview of the Programme below and more detailed application information on our website EIUC.org/E.MA.
- Applications for the academic year 2013/2014 are processed on an on-going basis in two rounds:
- First round deadline: 15 January 2013
- Second round deadline: 15 March 2013
Thank you for sharing this information with your contacts and for supporting us to reach out to talented and motivated applicants. Dr. Angela Melchiorre, E.MA Programme Director
E.MA: professionals in human rights and democratisation
- The European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA) is an intensive one-year advanced master’s course aimed at preparing professionals to work in international organisations, field operations, governmental and non-governmental bodies, and academia. E.MA offers an action- and policy-oriented approach to learning that combines interdisciplinary perspectives with skills building activities.
Prestigious international faculty
- E.MA is the main teaching programme of the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC). While studying in a multicultural environment, students have the opportunity to meet and be taught by leading academics representing the 41 E.MA participating universities, officials of international organisations (including the European Union, the United Nations and the Council of Europe) and experts and practitioners of national and international NGOs.
- E.MA is both a residential and an exchange programme. During the first semester students are based in Venice (Italy). For the second semester they move to one of the E.MA prestigious universities located throughout Europe. E.MA also includes a week-long field trip to a post-conflict country.
You are welcome to reprint, copy, archive, quote or re-post this item, but please retain the original and listserv source.
======== Global Human Rights Education listserv =======