Your Search Results

Invitation to meeting with HRC President

Comments Off

Received by mail:

From: OHCHR
Date: 26 Sep 2008

Dear All, You are all cordially invited to a meeting with the President of the Human Rights Council, Ambassador Martin Ihoeghian Uhomoibhi.

The meeting, which will offer an opportunity to exchange views and debrief on the 9th session of the Council, will take place on Wednesday 1 October 2008, from 11.30 to 13.00, in Palais des Nations, Geneva, in Room XXI.

With kind regards, OHCHR Civil Society Unit.

United Nations Multimedia Services

Comments Off

Linked with United Nations Multimedia Services.

Received by mail:

From: ngonews…un.org
Date: 19 Sep 2008

United Nations Multimedia Services:

Dear Representatives, As On September 25 all heads of States and governments will gather at the United Nations to discuss the progress made towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals, we would like to facilitate your work covering this important event.

The United Nations News and Media Division has many products and services for you, all free of right and free of charge.

AVAILABLE TO ALL THROUGH INTERNET:

Continue Reading…

Opening Satement of Human Rights Council HRC

Comments Off

Address by Ms. Navanetham Pillay, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, on the occasion of the opening of the 9th Session of the Human Rights Council, 8 September 2008, Geneva.

Mr. President,
Distinguished Members of the Human Rights Council, Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wish to thank the President of the Human Rights Council for his very kind words and to congratulate him for his able leadership of this premier intergovernmental human rights body.  It is a pleasure and a great honour for me to address the Council today.  I stand before you mindful of, and humbled by, the magnitude of the tasks ahead, as well as eager in my new capacity, as I have been throughout my career, to contribute to promoting and protecting human rights, equality, and justice for all.

Continue Reading…

RALLYE DES NATIONS – Découvrir le Genève International

Comments Off

INFORMATION FROM GENEVA WELCOME CENTER

Received by mail:

From: ETAT.GE
Date: 5 Sept. 2008

Nous avons le plaisir de vous inviter à une Journée conviviale tous publics sur la Genève internationale, le samedi 6 septembre: Voir la suite sur leur website … :

A la découverte de la Genève internationale est un projet pédagogique qui a pour but de:

  • Faire connaître la Genève internationale aux élèves du secondaire.
  • Soutenir et fournir l’information aux enseignant(e)s.
  • Créer une passerelle entre les organisations internationales et les jeunes.

Le programme vous permet de découvrir les différents domaines d’activité de la Genève internationale : humanitaire, santé, environnement, droits de l’Homme, développement, etc.

Nous présentons chaque thématique à travers: … (voir le texte entier).

Continue Reading…

Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women

Comments Off

… (41st session): Concluding Observations

Received by mail:

From: OHCHR
Date: 29 Aug 2008

Dear Subscribers, We are pleased to provide you herewith the eleventh 2008 distribution of treaty body recommendations through the listserve administered by the Human Rights Treaties Branch of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.  Please do not reply to this message.

For your information, we attach the concluding observations adopted by the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women at its 41st session held from 30 June to 18 July 2008 in New York, in respect of reports submitted by 8 States parties.  The documents are provided in their advance unedited version and in the original language of adoption.  The final versions, in all six official languages of the United Nations, will be available on the Treaty Body Database of the website of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights.

Continue Reading…